BAMENDA I COUNCIL CELEBRATE MOTHER’S DAY ONE WEEK AFTER.

Celebration at the Bamenda l council hall
Mother’s Day is considered by many as a day to celebrate the beautiful and resilient mothers who have given many person’s life, love and unconditional support. As millions of people the world over and Cameroon inclusive continue to hunker down at home amid the ongoing coronavirus pandemic, it might seem like a feat to celebrate Mother’s Day 2020 accordingly. However, no gesture is usually too small on a special day like this if it is done with intention. Whether it is a touching symbolic gift, a heartfelt text or phone call, a social media post, a homemade meal, a card or as well a flower arrangement to be sure to celebrate all the mother’s in one’s life.

Mayor of Bamenda I serving the Mothers.
Mother’s Day 2020 which was celebrated on Sunday May 10, 2020 in Cameroon was an opportunity to show love and appreciation to mothers. The Mother’s Day was celebrated on that Sunday done and dusted but However, it did not stop the celebrations to continue as Saturday May 16, 2020 was a special day in the lives of all the mothers of the Bamenda I council where the mother’s day was celebrated in pomp and fare. 
Grand Councilor, main organizer
In giving the reasons for organizing a banquet for the Bamenda I council mothers, Grand Councilor Nfondoh Pius Kisang recounted how after his mother died in 2009, since then he has been fed by other mothers “I have worked with women in my office, I have watched what the women of Bamenda I have done. Women have become so courageous that they are working in the Bamenda I council 18  of them and have gone for about 3 months without a salary and when I watch this women matched at the grandstand and there was an explosion, the women still matched behind the governor, it done on me that my mother stood for me alone. If I see women act the way they have been doing, they needed my encouragement and the main reason why I stood up to celebrate all the women for standing up as councilors, for matching in the name of the Head of State, for respecting the institutions of the republic and for showing love to their own descendants.” said the Grand councilor.
Grand councilor and the Mayor 
During the celebration, the grand councilor gave the mothers books (ledger) and pens while highlighting that it was all his father and mother had gave to him. His message which cuts across to other mothers in the Bamenda I municipality is that of peace for the generation the mothers bring on earth for he is confident it is what will help in building the country.
1st Deputy Mayor Bamenda I 
The first deputy Mayor of the Bamenda I council Ndumu Anna appreciated the efforts of the City Mayor Achobong Paul, Bamenda I Mayor Mbigha Felix and other men of the council have done to honour them in a special way. “They have been brought up and given life by mothers and for them to have taken this decision to honour mothers on a day like this, it is something that other men should emulate for mothers are authors of humanity.”
Being the majority of workers at the council, the women have pledged to continuously work in collaboration with the men to see that the Bamenda I council fosters.


The Bamenda I council Mayor Mbigha Felix on his part encouraged the women of his council to continue showing and sharing the love for the development of the municipality “The women have been giving me a big booster for the work in the council at all levels. I am proud to say on the international women’s day 2020, Bamenda I was the lone council well represented and despite the Covid-19, we decided to extend love to the mothers.” 
The women of the Bamenda I council have thus accepted the challenge to see into that the upcoming Father’s Day is well celebrated for the men of the Bamenda I council.

By Tasi Peter and Arnaud Kouamo.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

MODERATOR FONKI AND WIFE STANDING STRONG AT 36/30

MELODIOUS CHORALE INAUGURAL CONCERT MET THE STANDARD

BAFUT SUBDIVISION: SOLDIERS SALUTED FOR JOB WELL DONE.